aLTE UE stands for aLTErnative UE. It is a fully functional LTE user equipment (UE) running on a PC with RF-frontend functionality provided by a commercial off-the-shelf SDR hardware, Figure 1. It is based on open-source protocols stacks, but unlike most of them aLTE UE is easily configurable, seamlessly running and equipped with monitoring and troubleshooting tools, Figure 2.
aLTE UE is an optimal solution for all R&D engineers and educators working on development or knowledge creation of LTE/4G/5G wireless access systems.
Figure 1. aLTE UE.
Figure 2. aLTErnative UE Manager scheme
Key features and benefits
|Open source protocol stack||Access to all UE functionalities||Freedom to modify, adapt and deploy|
|Configurator||Easy installation and configuration||Saves a lot of time, all-in-one solution|
|Professional O&M||Instant access to supporting professionals||You can concentrate on your added value and not on system operation|
- Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU
- at least 4GiB RAM
- at least 2GiB free disk space
- USB 3.0 port
- Ettus USRP B2x0 or other compatible RF frontend
- Internet connection
- Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit Operating System
- User account with sudo (or super user) privileges
LTE UE features:
- PHY Layer
- LTE Release 8 compliant
- FDD configuration
- Tested bandwidths: 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz
- Transmission mode 1 (single antenna) and 2 (transmit diversity)
- Cell search and synchronization procedure for the UE
- Frequency-based ZF and MMSE equalizer
- Highly optimized turbo decoder available in Intel SSE4.1/AVX (+100 Mbps) and standard C (+25 Mbps)
- Upper Layers
- LTE Release 8 compliant
- MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, NAS and GW layers
- Soft USIM supporting Milenage and XOR authentication
- Network Interfaces
- Ability to use it as typical LTE modem to connect to internet (creates standard network interface)
- Verified against Amarisoft eNB
aLTErnative Manager features:
- automated installation of LTE stack and all its dependencies
- obtaining the source code
- environment setup
- LTE stack build
- powerful management tools:
- configurable user profiles
- easy to use text-based UI for Linux novices
- full control through command line for Linux power users
- LTE stack setup from one central place
- LTE stack control frontend
- Technical support of aLTErnative manager
- eNB/UE operation
- Negotiable support for LTE stacks
- Negotiable hourly-limit for support
|Application||Benefit||Who can benefit?|
|R&D||aLTErnative UE serves as an embedded real-time operating platform suitable for research on UE-related functionalities||Research Institute, ODM, OEM, Operator|
|Education||aLTErnative UE provides great platform for teaching and experimentation on 4G and 5G||Universities, training companies|
|Demonstration||aLTErnative UE can be used to demonstrate operation of LTE infrastructure in a mini laboratory environment||Research Institute, ODM, OEM, Operator|
|Modem development||aLTErnative UE shortens significantly development time of a LTE modem||ODM, OEM, Research Institute|
Welcome screen to UE profile wizard.
New UE profile creation – setting path to installed srsUE directory.
New UE profile creation – setting uplink frequency to be used by UE.
Adding USIM information – IMSI value – to UE configuration.
Adding USIM information – OP value – to UE configuration.
Initialization of aLTErnative LTE Modem component – UE searches for network.
We would be excited to learn about your business and technical needs and propose a product or customization to fulfill them. To receive more information about our products, request a quote or get a trial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.