Embedded Network Services for 5G Experiences
EU H2020 (5G PPP), budget of 7.9M EUR, 21 partners including SMEs,
5G ESSENCE stands for Architectural Approach for the Provision of Enhanced 5G Network Facilities.
5G ESSENCE addresses the paradigms of Edge Cloud computing and Small Cell as a Service by fuelling the drivers and removing the barriers in the Small Cell market, forecasted to grow at an impressive pace up to 2020 and beyond and to play a key role in the 5G ecosystem. 5G ESSENCE provides a highly flexible and scalable platform, able to support new business models and revenue streams by creating a neutral host market and reducing operational costs by providing new opportunities for ownership, deployment, operation and amortisation.
Role of IS-Wireless
IS-Wireless is working on the development of the MAC scheduler for multi-RAT in a centralized deployments of the C-RAN networks. Moreover IS-Wireless introduced the VCF (Virtual Composition Framework) which is a toolbox for VNF providers designed to support (and enable) VNF operation but also augment (complement) functionalities which VNF providers (or OTT) are not able to provide.
- D2.1 System Use Cases and Requirements More details
- D2.2 Overall System Architecture and Specifications More details
- D3.1 Techniques for advanced radio resource centralised management and 5G network coordination More details
- D3.2 Final report on network embedded cloud, 5G cSD-RAN controller and network slicing – Link not available
- D3.3 5G ESSENCE Pre-integration – CESC, Main DC and cSD-RAN controller – Link not available
- D4.1 Optimisation of virtualisation, orchestration and resource allocation More details
- D4.2 Final report on advanced virtualisation, dynamic telemetry and service orchestration – Link not available
- D6.1 Planning of demonstration and network services for Use Case 2 More details
- D6.2 Prototypes of network services and integration planning for Use Case 2 – Link not available