Innovation is at the heart of IS-Wireless. The company is actively participating in EU-funded projects on 5G. We are open for collaboration opportunities.
- Radio resource management algorithms for LTE, LTE-A and 5G
- UE and eNB L1-L3 protocols
- Link-level and system-level simulations of wireless systems
- Embedded implementation (FPGA, DSP, GPP)
- Great dissemination capabilities
eNB: small cells, radio resource management, C-RAN, lean protocol stack, new frame structures, massive MIMO
UE: M2M modem design, new waveforms for M2M, low power implementation
A new generation of components and systems:
- ICT-01-2016: Smart Cyber-Physical Systems
- ICT-03-2016: SSI – Smart System Integration
- ICT-04-2017: Smart Anything Everywhere Initiative Future Internet
- ICT-07-2017: 5G PPP Research and Validation of critical technologies and systems
- ICT-08-2017: 5G PPP Convergent Technologies
- ICT-09-2017: Networking research beyond 5G
- ICT-10-2016: Software Technologies
- ICT-12-2016: Net Innovation Initiative
- ICT-13-2016: Future Internet Experimentation
One-page R&D Overview – Download
If you are looking for R&D projects partners (incl. H2020), please contact us on email@example.com.
Historical Research Background:
IS-Wireless was founded in February 2006 by Dr. Slawomir Pietrzyk and a small team of wireless experts and business managers. The company creation was a natural consequence of Slawomir’s work on OFDMA, which started under the supervision of Prof. Ramjee Prasad in 1998 within the Ubiquitous Communications (UbiCom) Project at the Delft University of Technology (TUDelft) in the Netherlands.
Slawomir’s research resulted in a PhD thesis entitled “Radio Resource Management for Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access Systems”, defended at TUDelft and the book entitled “OFDMA for Broadband Wireless Access” published by Artech House in 2006.
From the very beginning the company was working around OFDMA-based radio interfaces, first non-standard proprietary and then standard ones including mobile WiMAX and LTE, later focusing on 5G.
List of selected papers:
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Radio Resource Allocation for Cellular Networks Based on OFDMA with QoS Guarantees”, Proc. IEEE Global Telecommunications Globecom’04, Texas, Dallas, USA, 29 November – 03 December 2004.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Performance Evaluation of Bit Loading, Subcarrier Allocation and Power Control Algorithms for Cellular OFDMA Systems”, Proc. 9th Int’l Conference on Personal Wireless Communications PWC 2004, Delft, the Netherlands, 21-23 September 2004.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Subcarrier and Power Allocation for QoS-aware OFDMA Systems Using Embedded Modulation”, Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications ICC 2004, Paris, France, 20-24 June 2004.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Performance Evaluation of Subcarrier and Power Allocation Algorithms for High Capacity Downlink OFDMA System Using Embedded Modulation”, Proc. 10th Symposium on Communications and Vehicular Technology in the Benelux SCVT 2003, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, 13 November 2003.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Subcarrier Allocation and Power Control for QoS Provision in the Presence of CCI for the Downlink of Cellular OFDMA Systems”, Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference VTC’03 Spring, Jeju, Korea, April 2003.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Multiuser Subcarrier Allocation for QoS Provision in the OFDMA Systems”, Proc. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference VTC’02 Fall, September 2002, Vancouver, Canada.
- S. Pietrzyk, G.J.M. Janssen, “Comparison of Collision-Based and Orthogonal Subcarrier Allocation for Congestion Control in the Uplink OFDMA System”, Proc. 6th Int’l OFDM Workshop, Hamburg, Germany, September 2001.