Radio Head is a simple, low power and low cost hardware element emitting and receiving radio waves and providing 4G and / or 5G radio connectivity over the served area.
There are two types of Radio Heads:
- Outdoor unit typically foreseen for the use in smart city or private network scenario
- Indoor unit foreseen for indoor high capacity
Outdoor unit is foreseen for outdoor operations such as municipal deployments (Smart City) and Private Networks.
Indoor unit is foreseen primarily for providing coverage and capacity indoors for any of the considered use cases (Indoor Capacity, Smart City, Private Networks).
Summary of Radio Head parameters:
- Technologies: 4G LTE, 5G NR
- Modes: TDD, FDD
- Bands: 3/1/7/43
- Frequencies: 1800/2100/2600/3600 MHz
- 4G LTE: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 MHz,
- 5G NR: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 80 / 100 MHz,
- RF + Low PHY,
- RF + Low/High PHY,
- Max. Output Power: 15W (EIRP)
- 4G LTE: DL up to 256 QAM, UL up to 64 QAM,
- 5G NR: DL/UL: 256 QAM,
- Interfaces: Ethernet (RJ45)
- Fronthaul protocols: CPRI, eCIPRI, FAPI, nFAPI
- MIMO: 2×2
IS-Wireless provides Radio Heads in collaboration with 3rd party hardware manufacturers. If you want to be one of our partners do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org