IS-Wireles in cooperation with the Prince Sultan Advanced Technologies Research Institute (PSATRI) of the King Saud University is pleased to invite you to a one-day ‘LTE Workshop‘. The workshop is free of charge.
Date: 22.06.2011 (Wednesday)
Place: King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Introduction to LTE
- 2G to 4G radio and core network evolutions (GSM, UMTS, HSPA, LTE and LTE Advanced)
- 3GPP requirements imposed on LTE (throughputs, network capacity, delays)
- Spectrum bands, bandwidths, system parameters and mobile terminal capabilities
- IMT Advanced requirements for a 4G system
LTE System Overview
- The LTE network organization: terminals (mobile phone, laptop, PC), access network, core network and IMS
- IP in the network: All IP and always-on concepts
- QoS concept, parameters and possible services
- Common IP intersystem part: IMS and its relation to IP-CANs
LTE Practical Aspects (tool-based)
- Signals and waveforms of LTE PHY layer (OFDMA and SC-FDMA signals, radio frame, influence of radio propagation impairments)
- LTE performence requirements
- Real istic numbers for LTE network coverage and capacity (theoretical versus practically achievable data-rates)
- Current status of LTE development
- Possible LTE deployment scenarios
- Available handhets and possible evolutions
- Potential 4G services
- Operator based policy and charging flexibility (e.g. generating revenue based on service type – enabled by ALL-IP)
- Organization of SMS and 2G/3G voice in LTE (problems and solutions)
- Packet services: MBMS, internet access, VoD, online gaming
- LTE as competition for fixed networks
Who should attend?
Telecom engineers, managers, operators, business executives, researchers and students.
In order to attend, please confirm your presence by sending an e-mail before 10.06.2011 to [email protected]. Note: Due the limited places, organizers have the right to contact only with selected candidates.